Terrence Thompson's Photography

Home
Up
The Water Lilies

Sigurta Garden  - It began life as a walled garden in 1617 at the Villa Maffie. In 1859 it was the headquarters of Napoleon III. The owner of the garden, Carlo Sigurta, inherited the ancient right to draw water from a river running along the villa's edge. The garden was opened to the public in 1978. - Scroll down to see all the photos